GardenWatch

Thursday, July 1, 2021

New Grow Late June

 So it is late June and I decided to replant my Bounty and my Farm12XL.  For some inscrutable reason, I decided to go with flowers, this time.  I've never planted flowers in my Aerogardens before, opting for herbs and edible transplants instead, but this time I had purchased a packet of Zinnia.  So I decided to see how they do in the Aerogarden.

In addition, I had an old packet of Nasturtium in the back of my refrigerator, and I said to myself, since I'm going for flowers, why not throw those into the mix as well. After that, I just started pulling seed packets at random.  I ended up with two pods of Basil, a single of Swiss Chard, two Nasturtiums, two Zinnia, and two of Little Caesar dwarf lettuce.  

After literally 4 days planted,

 

 

 

 here are the Zinnia and Little Caesar lettuce:


 









 

 

 

 

The Swiss chard has jumped out of the ground:
 and this is from a seed packet packed in 2014.







Both the Basil pods have already sprouted from a 2012 seed packet by Ferry Morse that I picked up in Wal-mart. 


And, of course, the kicker is that these random, out of date seed packets are all planted in Grow-Your-Own sponges with recycled baskets and domes and my home made labels.  And despite all these hacks, the Aerogarden has many of them germinating after only four days.  I would expect a week or more to germinate, based on the packet information.

No comments:

Post a Comment