GardenWatch

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Planting Summer

Just a quick note that I started the seeds for the summer garden in the propagator today, April 21st.

The seeds were:
  • Anaheim Pepper
  • Carnival Sweet Pepper
  • Cascabella Pepper
  • Ground Cherry
  • Basil
  • Cherry Tomato
  • Roma Tomato
  • Better Boy Tomato
For my raised beds, I only need three of each pepper and tomato, but I planted 5 of each, in case something happens.  I will plant all 5 basil and ground cherry, if they all germinate.

I continued to harvest another cabbage today for dinner.  I added it to the pineapple teriyaki chicken, where it was delicious.  These very successful red cabbages are making way for the tomatoes I've just started.  I'm looking for them to be ready in 6-8 weeks.

Below are the former residents of the Aerogarden, now growing in pots under the lights:


No comments:

Post a Comment